CamScanner - Phone PDF Creator ReviewPublicated: 07 Feb 2019
CamScanner perfectly suits for managing documents for individuals, small business, state institutions, and schools. It is a good idea to synchronize, share and operate a set of files on your smartphone. CamScanner app is the most popular program for scanning documents on any Android device.
CamScanner provides a convenient interface with pleasant registration. Simple and intuitively clear navigation seems very functional without a necessity to understand how the application works. The arrangement of the main buttons is logical. The design is made in the best traditions of Android and the CamScanner brand, so it's quite minimalistic. 9/10.
The only thing users need to do is to take a picture of a necessary document with a special tool included in CamScanner - PDF Creator. The picture has to be taken in good lighting and settle down in the center of a mobile device. After some operations, we receive a PDF document which goes to the memory of the device. To make the file look better, we can use various filters. For some images, filters can significantly change the final result.
The main feature of CamScanner is recognition of the text. After taking the photo, we press a special OCR button. App activates a special function of searching the text. After this process, the text appears in a separate window where it is possible to edit. It is worth noting that the function of recognition of the text is carried out in English and other languages. 9/10.
- With a special quick search, users will never have problems with finding necessary file or document. Just enter a keyword, and the app will make a list of texts where the word is found
- You can share PDF and JPEG files with other users in the social network
- After registration in CamScanner, you can keep or synchronize documents on the run. Just log in and get access to editing and synchronization of documents on smartphones, tablets, PCs and through cloud services.
- Some users find it difficult to search the saved document because they can`t choose the right location to save files in the settings
- You can use only limited number of functions on a free app. You need to buy a subscription for access to other useful features
- The free application version is delivered with advertising, and all files are created with the watermark, but that doesn't prevent the use of the scanner.
Android app supports the cloud services: Dropbox, Box.com, Google Drive, sharing documents by e-mail or fax. Built-in editor has special functions: automatic cutting, delimitation of the image, optimization of the page. Google Play app supports fast scanning of the documents. Users can easily and quickly search necessary files. You can scan any types of documents - letters, notes, presentations, certificates, accounts, consignment notes, taxes, business cards, contracts, books, articles, manuscripts, etc. 9/10.
Android app for all devices is free, but premium functions are not available. The access to special functions opens with a Pro subscription for $4,99 per month or $49,99 annually:
- creating a collage of Doc files;
- adding 10 GB of cloud space;
- optic symbol recognition;
- automatic download of documents on Google Drive, Dropbox, One Note.
CamScanner - PDF Creator is an interesting tool for all users working with printing documents which always have to be at hand. This application will allow you to create virtual copies of paper documents and structure them.